Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - A tip for beginners not mentioned yet
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 10:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
JeffreyCH
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I totally agree with what everyone is saying, I ride away from my slams laughing my ass off. I don't really give a shit if someone yells something at me, I more then likely didn't hear it anyway as my mp3 is cranked to the max lol. However I don't set goals for myself, my only real goal is to have fun and make it to the bottom without breaking anything. I tried setting goals for my progression when I started wakeboarding years ago, I found it to be kind of frustrating trying to push myself. I found that if I just relax and let things flow it'll just come to me naturally. I apllied that to snowboarding from the start. If I'm feeling it, I hit it, if I stomp it, yipee, if not oh well, there's always next time. I guess I have set a goal of sorts for this year, and that's to sell all my crap and move to Summit county so I can ride all the time. Snowboarding has kind of ruined wakeboarding for me, it's boreing lol. Hitting the slopes is an adventure, being tied to a boat is not. I love spotting a side hit from the lift and seeking it out, exploring new terrain, finding powder stashes, and just the whole vibe of it makes me feel like I did when I was a skate punk. I'm also thankful for the people on this forum that kept me from making a lot of the stupid mistakes I made when I started wakeboarding. Buying gear is very confusing when you're getting started in this sport, thanks to all that take the time to help us noobs sort out all the bullshit and really get into this.