Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

FS: '09 Bataleon Riot 159, GNU Form 165

4K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  cal1mr 
#1 · (Edited)
RIOT IS SOLD
Like the title states, I'm selling these two boards. Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time remembering what year the GNU is but I think it's a 2000 model yr, maybe someone knows for sure.
Obviously, the Riot is really new. It was ridden only 3 times because I just did not jive with the triple base. Everything else people have said about this board is completely true, however. Very popy, fast base, quick edge to edge, good sidecut, etc. One issue I will mention is that the edges rust quite easily. No big deal, just get out the gummy stone but it's somewhat interesting when the GNU I'm selling bellow handled storage much better, referring to the edges.

I'd like to get $150 for the Riot

The Gnu form is a freeride board, directional sidecut, a little softer flex with a waist width of 25.3cm. This board is in great shape for its age since it didn't get ridden all that much. It was tuned the season before last which was also the last time it was ridden. That last time was Valdez, AK and it performed really well. The only problem to speak of is purely cosmetic in that the top sheet, which started out white, has yellowed noticeably. I tried to find out what yr it's from but couldn't get anything definitive although I think it's a 2000.

Gnu Form 165: $50 ?

Buyer pays shipping

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
Crazyface got the jump on this one. If, for some reason, he/she backs out I'll update the thread. I'm currently working on getting a shipping price on it.

Edit: Crazyface, I just saw that you only weigh 140lbs! this board is most definitely not a good fit for you. I'm pretty sure you're not in the weight range and I would imagine, given your weight, that you're kind of short, no offense. I bring this up because the insert locations are set very wide and there's no getting around it. Have you researched this thing well enough? Oh, and also, if your shoe size isn't AT LEAST a 10 U.S. it's too wide for you. It has a 26mm waist width making it semi-wide.

#10 ·
i am 6'0 inches weighing around 140lbs. teh length overall really doesnt worry me because i have been riding for 8-9 years and consider my self advanced-expert when it comes to all mountain. i wear size 10US DC boots. on my lib tech TRS 154 i have my bindings set to the second to last widest inserts. i have been wanting to use a bataleon board since the first heard of them three years ago. i may be light for this board (i have been lifting to up my weight recently) but i really dont think it will pose a problem with TBTs easier turn initiation. in the end, this is your board you are selling so sell to whoever you think it should go to.

#19 ·
Still for sale. Jmyers is lagging so I'll give him 2 more days of dibs but if anyone else wants to get in line just chime in. Btw, shipping to the middle of the country is going to be roughly 40 bucks and shipping to the east coast is around 75. I'm on the west coast, fyi.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.