Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Big Boots, Thinner Waist
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 02:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
chinds4

Hey man.

I'm far from an expert on all of this stuff, but I just posted a thread with a question similar to yours.

You said you wear size thirteen shoes, but do you know what size boots you wear? I wear a size 11.5 shoe and I thought I was going to fit into an 11 boot, but after trying boots on in the store I found that I could fit into many 10.5 boots. Your boot size may be smaller than your shoe size also.

With this in mind, I still doubt that you'll wear anything less than a 11.5 boot (although I can't be certain) and I was being told by many people that 10.5 was the border for a using normal board or a midwide/wide board and 11 was pushing it. What I'm trying to say is that from the answers/advice I've been giving and the research I've done you'll probably have some overhang, maybe even a decent amount of it.

As far as footprint-reducing boots go, I know that Burton and Salomon make boots like this (I'm sure more people will elaborate on that in the following replies) and I think Thirty-two does too (correct me if I'm wrong).

Risers will help to if you really need them, and I've been told that you can shave down the fronts of your boots but this may void the manufacturer warranty (and you could possibly ruin them).

I hope this helped a little.
chinds4 is offline   Reply With Quote