Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

I want to try Union this year...

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jtchompy 
#1 ·
I'm been on cartels for the last two seasons and really love them but this year I want to try Union Force SL or maybe even MC. I freeride almost exclusively these days and have always preferred a stiff, responsive binding over more freedom of movement. Also, I'm riding last years NS Heritage just to mention, most likely the best board I've ever ridden. So what are some things I will notice going to the Unions? They look like they have a good toe ramp which is a must. They look to have a tall highback, is it higher than my Cartels? That would be nice.
Also, I have a high instep and high arches so on the cartels (or most other burton binders) I mount the outer main strap bolt to the high setting on the heel cup, leaving the inner bolt on the middle location. This helps with foot pain and allows a little more inward tweak movement. The Unions, however, seem to be fixed in this adjustment area. Any thoughts?
I'm goofy, stance angles at around 24-27 F and -12 back, and I use forward lean. There it is, please drop some knowledge.

#2 ·
I have the datas from a couple of seasons ago and love them. Super comfy, responsive but not rigid. Only gripe is the convertible toe strap sucks as a cap if you have boots with a more rounded toe box. I know they've worked on fixing this the last couple of years though. As far as the ankle strap adjustability, I have to go back and look at mine to check but I'm pretty sure there are multiple mounting angles available for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.