Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Adding Toe Cap to Rome SDS Targa or tow cap binding suggestion

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Brewtown 
#1 ·
I have a pair of 2012-2013 ( i think ) Rome SDS Targa , and i'd like to you if it's possible to install Toe cap ( something similar to Burton ) .. now i can't seem to find on Rome Website , i guess they don't make that kind of replacement .

Even since i tried Toe cap on my old Technine Mfm Pro , i'd really like to fit some on my current binding Rome Targa .

- Is there a universal toe cap made by a third party company that would fit the Rome Targa ? WOuld the BUrton fit .. i've seen a guy on youtune fitting Burton toe cap on UNion force .

- If not , which company made great quality binding that feature Toe cap ??? any suggestion .

Thank you guys .

BY the way for Rome targa owner or anyone familiar with them ... should the toe strap be wear on top of the boot or in a 45 degree angle ?? How were they design to be wear , im not familiar with Rome binding ??

UNfortunatly i cant post link since i fdont have enough post .

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm pretty sure binding toe caps are interchangeable. I would definitely get burton straps tho, everyone loves them. Although, there have been some complaints about the latest one released(it chews up the front of the boot).

Get a second opinion because I am not 100% sure.

#4 ·
This. Rome toe straps (at least the ones on the Targas and 390 Bosses) are some of the best I've tried. Burton's are certainly good, but no better than Rome imo. The one area where B sets themselves apart from most other binding companies is with the ankle strap, but even there Rome isn't far behind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.