Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - riding switch
Thread: riding switch
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 09:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
HoboMaster

Just like learning to ride frontside, more then anything it's just about spending time doing it, and consequentially eating shit and being a noob all over again. I would suggest hanging out on the bunny hill/ mellow blue runs and keep forcing yourself to make that turn, until it starts to come together. It's gonna take time like anything, but learning switch greatly improves your overall snowboarding skill. Last year I spent a some time working on it and got comfortable making that weak turn, I'm just not comfortable yet doing it while going fast, or having alott of control over it. This season I'd really like to try to master switch, something I'm going to work on much harder.

One thing I would suggest to get comfortable with the transition is to learn how to do board spins, (where you rotate 360 degrees on the ground using edge control). That should help you get used to the weak transition.

If your using a regular-camber board as well, I know rocker-designs really help out. I just got a NS Evo, which is way more forgiving then my older regular-camber design.

Last edited by HoboMaster; 08-21-2010 at 09:36 AM.
HoboMaster is offline   Reply With Quote