Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Foot Pain
Thread: Foot Pain
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 09:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
I need a name
Veteran Member
Default Foot Pain

I haven't been around here in a while...

I posted a thread a while back about having pain on the ball of my foot and got many suggestions that I tried, but didn't have any luck with. I've been boarding for 8+ years and the past two have possibly been my least favorite as my feet hurt to the point where I can't finish a run without stopping. It's not the fit of my boots, i've been through many pairs. High and low end.

I have fairly wide, semi-flat feet.

Here's a list of some of the things that I have tried:
-Many different boots.
At least about 8 different pairs, all of them fit perfectly. Just to name a couple of them- Malamutes, Driver's, 32's, F22's, F4's, Libertine's, and various k2's. It seems as if the standard lacing worked best, BOA seemed to worsen the pain.

-Heel Lift's
I've given these a small test in every pair of boots that i've had. Didn't do anything in any of them

Used in every boot that had any heel movement.

I've tried almost everything when it comes to inserts. Superfeet, Sole, Zap's, SoftSole, And a couple various other ones. The Superfeet helped a small amount, but the pain was still unbearable. I haven't used custom orthotics yet, but I plan on it this year.

I've used multiple bindings such as 390's, targas, K2's, Cartels, and Nrc's. The footbed canting on the Nrc's seemed to make the biggest improvement over anything else I have tried. The pain is still there, just not quite as bad as it is with standard bindings without the canting.

I've tried almost every stance possible. Forward, duck, wide, narrow, etc. They all feel the same, but I tend to use a wide ducked out stance.

I've tried many different socks without much difference between them. Seems as if thinner socks tend to work a little better for me though. Bunching is not the issue.

I'm not too sure if this means anything, but I've been riding an SL-R, Airobic, Goliath, and a Darkstar.

As you can see, I've tried almost everything. I need some help as to what else there is I can do.

UPDATE 2/22/12

After breaking in my 32 Prime boots and Sole Ed Viestur Footbeds, it seems as if my footpain has been alleviated a little bit. However, I'm now getting knee pain. Any suggestions as to what I can do? I have never had knee pain until I switched over to the 32 Prime's.
Bataleon Airobic, Ptex Iron

Last edited by I need a name; 02-22-2012 at 06:05 PM.
I need a name is offline   Reply With Quote