Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Skateboarding (after an 11 year pause)
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 07:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
thetraveler

Default Skateboarding (after an 11 year pause)

I've had a great 09/10 season on the mountain and when I came back to the city I decided to take up board-related sports, new and old, to keep fit and to keep the fun going. As a consequence of this decision I've become something of a regular poster in the slams section. So, here's another one...

I bought a brand spanking new skateboard a couple of days ago, complete with a new set of skateboarding shoes. The first day I went down not expecting to be able to do much but ended up doing 50-50s, ollies, a couple of kickflips and 180's as well as pumping up and down the ramps in the skatepark. It was fun to get a few things back so quickly after such a long pause.

Today, I went to the park again and, eager to keep progressing, stepped things up a bit beyond what I used to know. For me this meant hitting all the transitions they have in the park, including the monster mini which looks more like a fucking vert. Eventually I fucked up on the quarter - I pressed down on the nose of the board as I was coming back down the ramp riding fakie and the board just slid out underneath me. I ended up doing the splits (my right knee twisted) and just saved my face from slamming the concrete with my left wrist. We'll see how really painful it is tomorrow when I sober up. After only two days of skateboarding I'm beat up and whining like a little bitch. Bring back the snow I'm ready for it right now!
thetraveler is offline   Reply With Quote