Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Is religosity part of a larger problem?
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 11:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
HoboMaster

Quote:
I think that is because religion preps their minds to believe in anything that someone tells them to
My biggest beef with the religious mindset is that it causes people to become incredibly complacent in the sense of thinking for themselves. Many people get to the point where they start "letting god" make decisions for them, which in reality is just making poor and easy decisions and hoping god will make everything better. I mean honestly, is God a babysitter? I think the last thing god wants you to be is a weakling who let's some other person or influence make all your decisions for you. It's a poor excuse for not taking responsibility of your life. Actually thinking about things causes an internal conflict that is supposed to be rationally thought out by the average person.

I think what it comes down to is that simple-minded people want to take the easy way out, and never changing or thinking of any change is a sure path to complacency and a life of little mental tact.

Why debate things when Fox News has it all put together for you.....