Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Introduce yourself
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 09:07 PM   #1130 (permalink)
neb

I've been using these forums for a while now, mostly reading rather than posting, it is about time I introduced myself.

My name is Ben, I am 26 and live in Melbourne, Australia. I first tried snowboarding in 2006 and hated it because I was so bad and couldn't get the hang of it, I tried skiing in the same trip and found that even harder. I didn't think I was going to go back, but in 2007 I was talked into going again, this time it clicked and I was getting down runs without falling. 2008 is when I really started getting into snowboarding, I bought a lot of my own gear including my own board, and improved a lot over 2008 and 2009. Now nearing the end of the 2010 season in Australia, my snowboard addiction has been in full force, going as much as possible including a trip to New Zealand and been loving every trip!

I would call myself an intermediate rider. I like bombing down the green runs at full speed, and this season have started to learn how to carve down blue runs but still learning. I like black runs but I'm not very fast down them. I also like going through mogul fields but I ride inbetween and turn around the moguls which probably isn't right lol. So far I've only done smaller kickers in the park, but starting to get more into jumping and buttering this year and bought a second board specifically for that, still have a heap of learning to do in that area.

My current setup is:
2009 Rome Anthem 153cm w/ Union Force bindings
2011 Rome Postermania 150cm w/ Union Contact bindings
(Can you tell I like rome and union?)

And I wear..
Giro G10 helmet
Oakley A Frame goggles
DC helix jacket (or a Burton soft shell hoodie for the warmer days)
Planet Earth pants (which I might replace soon)
K2 Darko boots (I tried on so many different pairs of boots before buying these last year)

And can I say I'm jealous of you guys outside of Australia with your powder snow! In Australia the snow is either just slushy or icey or both. I really want to head to more resorts overseas!
neb is offline   Reply With Quote