Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Deeper

4K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  KIRKRIDER 
#1 ·
Looks like the next epic "big Mountain" movie...a place reserved to " FIrst Descent" for now on my shelf.
Some sequences on that movie are epic...but Deeper looks...DEEPER!
Can't wait to see it.

ANy other real good video I missed?

I have also: " It's always snowing somewhere" and "That's it, that's all", both really good.

Not interested in urban/park...I like to watch big jumops, but the stuff I really love is footage like Terjie coming down that face in Alaska...Rice pulling off a huge slide...Farmer doing his thing....

#4 ·
Look for Johan Olofsson footage and Xavier de le Rue on You Tube, they are both famous big mountain riders.

Otherwise, take a look at Black Winter by Standard Films and ANYTHING released in the last 3 to 4 years by Absinthe Films, I would say it's all mind blowing big mountain freestyle (perhaps a couple of urban riders on the Absinthe Films team). However, don't expect to see many shots of little dots surfing down huge walls of snow in Alaska in those productions. I find that kind of footage gets boring after about two minutes anyway...

#5 ·
Black winter looks good...the death-metal soundtrack sucks instead ;)
Not putting down urban...just not attractive to me, I'll never do that astuff so I'm not interested...

#20 ·
Sucked. Went to the premiere...30 min of what appears to be splattered together highlight footage. I can find better on youtuber/vimeo.

#16 ·
Me likey the backcountry.

I may pick up a helmet cam this year. Probably not until just after Christmas but that is when the getting gets good. I really want to drop some coin on a good DSLR though. If I do, I am definitely getting one that shoots HD video. So maybe I'll have even more of a junk show to show than usual if I do that.

#22 ·
Jimster, it sounds more like you went to Deeper; Unplugged, which is not the actual Deeper film. I saw the Unplugged out Evo in Seattle and that's what it was, about 30 mins of trailers strung together.

#29 ·
I did have one minor quibble with the flick though. What was with the dubbed avalanche, mountain rumbling sounds on almost every big mountain Alaskan (and Antarctica I believe) descents? I get it, it's high exposure and dangerous, but in almost all of these scenes they are managing sluff, not a true slide. They certainly don't do this with regular TGR films.

Otherwise, pretty top notch. It was also kewl that Jeremy Jones himself made an appearance at the premiere. He was hanging out and signing posters after the early show. Something he certainly didn't have to do. Kudos to that.

#32 · (Edited)
DVD is out on delivery....I'll be watching it this weekend. STOKE!

edit:

Have it here...should I wait for the first powder night lol? Impossible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.