Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Weekend SCORE!!
Thread: Weekend SCORE!!
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 03:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
JeffreyCH
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Weekend SCORE!!

NOT what you pervs are thinking

Last Thursday a good friend of mine called me up to give him a hand setting up for a garage sale over the weekend. This guy has owed me $150 for a couple months since he got laid off. So we are sifting through junk in his garage and basement when I run across this old Cannondale m500. I asked him what he's going to do with it, and he says he's going to sell it in the sale. I asked how much (thinking I'd offer to wipe his debt and give him a little cash) Anyway, he was like I dunno $100 or so I jumped on it, told him I'd wipe out his debt to me if I could have it, and bam, it was mine.

I had to put a new tire and tube on the back, tune the derailleurs, lube everything, and true up the back rim a bit. I've been wanting to get back into biking for some time now, I used to ride everyday until about 10-12 years ago. I finally got to ride it last night, put on about 10 miles. What a blast, this thing is fun to ride, now I know what all the hype about Cannondale's was back in the day It's so light and fast, reminds me of my old Bianchi cross over.

I have no idea how well these old bikes hold their value, but I think I got a sweet deal since I probably wouldn't have seen the cash he owes me for a couple more months.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mtn_bike.jpg (101.9 KB, 43 views)