Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Mounting Bindings Off Center

8K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  JeffreyCH 
#1 ·
i just bought a set-up for my gf at my local shop. The guy mounted the bindings forward towards the toe side edge instead of the center. The boots have plenty of room to move back without going anywhere near overhanging. I've always assumed centering the bindings in the middle of the board was the only way to go. Does anyone else do this?

#2 ·
In my limited experience I try to centre my boots on the board. Which in my case because I have boots that are close to the maximum size the bindings can take, means I think I set my bindings closer to the heel edge.

You also said that the boots have plenty of room to move back without overhanging? Are you saying that there is no overhang at all as I would have thought that in that case the board is too wide?

#4 ·
Maybe the guy was setting you up for a ride down NASCAR mountain where all you do is make left turns all the way down

#7 ·
Plenty of videos on YT on how to set up bindings, don't trust the shop, do it yourself, centering boot and binding on the board, and setting up the higback angles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.