Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rome/Union binding size for my chubby Vans boots
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 10:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
stoplight

Cheers for the input. I fully take your point about the 390s being soft, Milo303, and I'm a bit undecided. A part of me thinks I should go for a stiffer binding as I spend all my time freeriding, but I've got this weird-ass riding style that's developed from always having had a stiff-ish board and soft-as bindings!! When I bought my board in '99 it was the only one I could afford at the time because it was second hand, and I totally lucked out on it being such a good board... but it's pretty stiff and, not knowing any better, I stuck a pair of cheap entry-level Burtons on it and that's how I learned to ride. I mount my bindings as far back as they'll go, and I'm really looking forward to riding the Raptor, where it's all geared up for back seat drivers like me I'm tempted by the Targas as they seem to give a lot of scope for tweaking the ride... might even give me the chance to tidy up my 'style' a little Having said this, I've heard nothing but good stuff about the Forces. But as you say, Nivek, I'd rather go for the smaller binding than the larger one, but it's going to be hard to find one to try here in Brisbane. Hmmm... might be easiest to change my boots for something skinnier!!
stoplight is offline   Reply With Quote