Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - do I need a helmet?
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 04:44 PM   #28 (permalink)
yusoweird

Quote:
Originally Posted by seb1041 View Post
And a woman died in a restaurant near here because a brick from the building above landed on her head. True story by the way that was awful...her husband was in front of her...o_O But I totally understand your point. It's better to have one but I don't think it's essential. I've been snowboarding for 15 years and I never had a helmet. Snowboard equipment is not cheap and if you can afford it go for it but I don't think you shoud wait to have one to hit the slopes.
Never say never. Afterall, it is called an accident. A heel edge catch with some speed have a very high chances of hitting your head. I can safely bet that you never really caught a solid heel edge at higher speed? You personally may not need a helmet, but you cannot say that for everyone. You must keep that to yourself only. I do think that some people may never hit their head because of the way they ride, their react to accidents, or their precautions while riding. But again, no two person reacts and rides exactly the same way. Also, every single fall is different. The head has the highest risk for life changing damage. So at the end, it is essential to have a helmet.

Last edited by yusoweird; 09-27-2010 at 05:11 PM.
yusoweird is offline   Reply With Quote