Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - do I need a helmet?
View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 07:50 AM
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seb1041 View Post
I wish I could ride powder...I should move west

If the thing is comfy, I might wear it everyday...I just never tried it!
I rode without a helmet as well for a while. My reason was because it was hard to find ones that fit my oddly shaped big ass head. I finally found one, Smith Variant, and I absolutely wish I had it from the start. I've had a mild concussion and a helmet would have prevented that. It was a minor crash, but as someone stated, the head hits the ground with the most force thanks to gravity.

Admittedly, it was uncomfortable at first since I was so used to just riding with a beanie. After two runs, I had already forgot that I even had one on. I actually went to scratch my head forgetting that I couldn't because of the helmet

But yea, I literally tried on 30 different helmets over the years. Smith Variant was pricey, but the adjustability and ventilation won my money.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reviews and David Z's rants
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.