Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - [9/28] Obama wants to widen intrusive digital intercepts
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 12:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Irish2685

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteEclipse View Post
How does this affect non-violent opposition? I know for a fact this was detrimental to my bredren in Iran during the Green Movement.

Also, I could see why corporate entities would be uneasy over this, with respect to trade-secrets, competitive investment and overseas dealings

Irish, I dig your sig!
I can see where corporations would find this problematic, with respect to BlackBerries, but when it comes to social networks, I don't see a problem. Those trade secrets, etc... probably shouldn't be communicated over something as insecure as facebook in the first place. (I'm assuming, though, that you're talking about BBs in the first place) However, while these trade secrets, etc... could be intercepted, they're not going to be shared with the public. From my understanding of how these things work anyway, they only dig further when you send a message which has a certain amount of keywords that may flag you as a suspect person.

Lastly, thanks!