Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboarder vs Tree
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 09:34 PM   #25 (permalink)
bigrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by roremc View Post
Holy shit! I just read the bit about you hitting the tree at 40 MPH! Crazy you made it out in one piece!

I hope the recovery comes quick for you!
Thanks. I think now that the infection is gone things are going well. I was *extremely* lucky that my injuries weren't worse. Shittiest way to learn a hard lesson about always staying in control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackda9 View Post
Did you dislocate your ankle at all? Or tear any tendons or ligaments? And it will feel better eventually. Sucks the hard wear broke. Anyway have good healing. Oh and vitamin D can help your body absorb calcium better. Hope your recovery starts going better and faster.
Well, it wasn't a dislocation. The foot was pushed about 2 inches up into the tibia/fibula and the bone fragments were severely displaced. I was really lucky that i didn't get too much soft tissue damage. unfortunately, after walking on it for 6 weeks with it broken, i think i did some bad soft tissue damage to the joint. oh well!

I've been taking Calcium supplements that also contain Vitamin D, but I also need to get out in the sun more to combat my massive paleness.

again -- thank you all for the awesome support. this forum rules.
bigrig is offline   Reply With Quote