Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Any1 Know where in the northeast to go for a fun weekend??

9K views 41 replies 26 participants last post by  ski_trip 
#1 ·
I wanna plan a weekend trip this year to a mountain in the northeast..maybe Vermont or NH.. I need to know which places have good weekend nightlife with chicks so the weekend is worth the trip..Normally I snowboard at Hunter/Windham/Mountain Creek but I wana try somewhere further so the partying needs to be dope too...THANKSS
Also, if there are good spots in PA im open for it cuz I live in the Bronx!

#2 ·
killington seems like the only option for nightlife. most other resorts do not have a town or main strip with bars and stuff like killington does.

same with pa, most mountains are generally located in the midst of nothing. 7springs is far, but i hear theres some decent parties around there.

#7 ·
Agree on all counts. Killington has the best nightlife scene in NE. Quebec would be great as well, just farther away. Mt. Snow is pretty decent as well. I have been there the last two years for NYE and it has been a great time. Almost all of the stuff in NH and ME has minimal stuff around the mtns.

#28 ·
I live just outside of Burlington Vermont. If you are in the area and riding Bolton Valley or Smugglers Notch your best bet would be heading into Burlington. There are a number of bars to choose from all in walking distance of each other.

If you are in the Sugarsbush or Stowe area ....then Stowe will suite you just fine. The Rusty Nail is a popular hot spot in the winter months. Again if you want more options just hop on 89 and drive just over 25 miles north into Burlington.

If you ever see a paper called the SevenDays grab one its free and has local listings of all events and listings of what will be going on at each bar each week.

Seven Days | Vermont's Independent Voice

#16 ·
I live in Montreal so ski lots of Quebec areas and I went to college in Boston so skied lots of north eastern US areas. No question, Tremblant is best for mix of skiing / partying. Sugarloaf has better terrain, but nightlife is pretty bad. No point in going to Killington for nightlife, it is the same people as in NYC. And the crowds at the north east US areas like Mount Snow, Killington, Whiteface, etc. are brutal. Tremblant definitely worth going the distance. But you'll want 4 days of skiing at least. If you do decide on Tremblant, check out tremblantinsider.com for insider deals and advice.

#19 ·
Speaking from the point of trying to cram maximum ride time into a weekend / 3 day weekend. With an 9,10 (thats 8 hours if you never hit traffic or stop) hour drive you'd have to at least do a 3 day weekend for it do be worth it and you still only get 2 days of riding cause Sunday you'll be driving home. I'd drive to Jay Peak, but beyond that, I'd rather just jump on a plane and head to CO.

#20 ·
20+ years riding in the north east, and indeed, Killington has the best night life. It's a decent mountain, too!

#21 ·
I'm hitting up Tremblant for a week over New Years! Super stoked everything is so close to the hill in the village. Check out Kijiji for chalets and cabins for way cheaper than the resort prices. Also if you know anyone from that area you can get them to order corporate tickets if you plan on buying more than 20 tickets for your whole group, like 30%off. If you end up hitting up Tremmy, send me a shout we're going Dec.26th to the 2nd of Jan...
P.S: After reading some of these threads I feel like I'm gunna get my ass kicked on the slopes now... I used to board all the time for 4 years stopped for 3 years and curled (I know wtf), and now I'm going back into it. My problem is that I saved up and got a Burton Fix with Exile EST bindings and I feel like I'm gunna get bottle clapped from Burton haters... hahah.

#30 ·
does anyone know where i should/could stay @ killington...I'd be with like 6-10 people and wed be drinking n partyin at night so a laid back scene would be best??? i just dont know shit about killington at all so i wouldn't wana go all the way up there n have a bad weekend..any info would be great!!!

#31 ·
Just got back this morning from a nice 3 day trip at K-ton...gonna be posting a review with pics of the conditions later tonight when I get back to my camera, but as far as nightlife goes I can definitely give you a few suggestions. When will you be up there? You def won't have a bad weekend trust me.

Hit me back with what exactly you got going on and what you're trying to get out of the trip and I'll try and point you in the right direction.

#32 ·
yea im pretty much just looking for basic informaion...like if u were planning to go there for a weekend how would u go about gettin a hotel/lodge n shit cuz I literally am starting from scratch...If i dont get the info my lazy ass friends will never go so i just wana know what kinda spot to stay at like a lodge/house/hotel, idk...obviously we wana be able to drink n shit n go out at night..were all 21-24 y.o.....good lookin out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.