Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New jacket or pants for next season?
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 08:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
lupine

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboMaster View Post
And if your bad, wearing flashy gettups just make you that much more noticable when you eat shit on the bunny hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose Press View Post
This is very true, plus you dont want to show up at the park looking flashy, if you cant do shit.

I have a friend who says this kind of thing and it keeps him from getting clothes he would like to wear. He doesn't get them so that people don't judge him for not being good enough to wear them. It's a totally idiotic point of view that if someone is wearing flashy clothes that they have to be really good or they're an idiot for wearing them. I've totally given up caring what other people think of my abilities and wear what I like, regardless of whether or not it makes me look flashy. If people have a tendency to watch me more closely because I wear flashy clothes, that's their problem. If they want to laugh because I'm eating shit once in a while, I really don't care about that either. I'm wearing what I want to wear and doing something that I love no matter how good at it I am.

I'm sure someone will tell me I'm wrong though...

On to the OP. Are we sure he's not just posting links in an effort to get us to visit the website and buy something? His question was very poorly thought out. I don't know about you guys but I've never needed the assistance of a message board to decide whether or not I need to buy something. Maybe help deciding what to buy, but never whether or not I need the item in question. Just a thought.
lupine is offline   Reply With Quote