Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How to hit a hip jump
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 04:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
xelxguapo

I wasn't worried too much about the takeoff/approach part. But it's good to know that I should hit it straighter when I go faster. Thanks for everyone's input. I'll take all of them with me on the mountain, whenever the hell that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
+1
I've seen some kids here hitting a small-ish hip and not landing because they are not rotating their board and body into the same slope direction as the landing itself too, I don't mean the angle of the landing itself, I mean the direction the landing slope is running from the top of it. You can't aim to land the same direction you took off, chances are you'll either come out on your heels or your toes. Even though you're moving with forward momentum, you still have to get that board rotated to land stable.

If this is the problem, think of it like this. If you just stood at the top of the hips landing like you're about to drop in, which direction would your board be facing if you rode down it?
That's exactly what I was trying to figure out. I thought for some reason that if I go bigger/faster and point my board towards the same angle/slope as the landing(after take off/in air), that my forward momentum(from the takeoff) would cause me to wash out or eat it when i hit the landing. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited by xelxguapo; 10-11-2010 at 04:03 PM.
xelxguapo is offline   Reply With Quote