Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - So what outdoorsy activities did you do this Summer?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 12:59 PM   #28 (permalink)
neednsnow
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
It's not just 18 year olds trust me. I do 99% of all this shit solo because I can't friends away from the TV long enough to go. Once they find out there is physical activity involved, they bail. I have learned a long time ago to not wait around for a group to go do things with. When I want to go, I just do it; if a friend tags along great, if not, that's fine too. What is ironic is that when I go solo, I usually have a better time anyway.

I almost always run into like minded people in the back country and have shared plenty a campsite, dinner and and bottle of Jack with strangers turned into new friends. Most of the time when I take a friend who is a "weekend warrior" they are a pain in the ass. They whine and bitch about everything and I end up catering to their needs.

Agreed, 100%!!!! My friends are fascinated at the fact that I'll pack-up my car for a weekend and just drive up to New England or Fly out west on my own. Like wolf said, the people you meet there are new friends, for sure. Group trips are fun, but a pain in the ass to organize, get committments, and satisfy everyone. Solo trips are just awesome!