Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Burton Triads, why don't they get more love?

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Reede 
#1 ·
Something I've been wondering for the past couple of years. Cartels usually are mentioned in most binding discussions, but Traids are almost never spoken of - good or bad. I've been using Triads on my T.Rice since last year and I love the comfort and performance. I'm wondering what I'm missing that makes them a black sheep of the midprice binding market.

#6 ·
True, they are about 30% more expensive with only small tech gains. And arguably not as much tech (but about the same comfort) as Forces. I guess there's my answer haha. I got mine end of season for 50% off so I guess it was easy for me to forget their high price point.

#9 ·
I upgraded from Cartels to Triads and the difference was huge, to the point where I couldn't spend more than an hour or so strapped in to my cartels but I could ride all day long in my Triads.

For starters, I am pretty sure Triads have been discontinued for 2011. And I also heard that they had some serious warranty issues with the triads hi-back breaking. Mine are going strong and I have no plans to get rid of them but I guess the premium they charged over the cartels was a bit much. Even tho in my opinion, they are FAR better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.