Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - A place to start....
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 09:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
JeffreyCH
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default A place to start....

I went to my local hill(Mt. Crescent Ia.) on Sat. to start training for ski patrol. I'll get to do all the on hill training through out the winter and take my OEC classes next fall. I missed the start of the class since I signed up so late, it's only offered once a year and started in Aug. Sat. was a meet and greet for new patrollers and re-fresher OEC for existing patrol.

It was kind of funny the attitudes these guys have towards snowboarders lol. 3 out of the 4 rescue scenarios they had set up were broken snowboarders lol. They seem to think we crash more or something. There are only 2 out of about 25 that board on the patrol, and I'm only the 5th boarder to ever apply. It was kind of weird to run into "the attitude" but for the most part everyone was really nice. Not sure how many more wise cracks and jokes about SBing I could have taken though.

It did kind of blow me away that most of them didn't even know how to release snowboard bindings lol. Anyway, should make for a fun winter even though it's a crappy little hill. At least it's a place to start and learn.