Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - K2 cinch v. Gnu v. Flow - sorry to beat a dead horse but..
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 06:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
snowbrdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
Gnus are made by Sp Fastec, you can find all the info on them here and their latest models, Videos are here. I have the new 2011 Brotherhood and dam they are great, the extra ratchet alows for those tweaks when you need them.

Having said that I also use K2 CTX, Not sure why everyone says too many moving parts. I have not had an issue and yes they move when you put them on and they move when you take them off, but after that they are totally secure, more so than the Fastecs, As for weight, sorry I am not doing 360's and so forth but I have never felt the weight and it has never stopped me carving hard and fast amongst the trees.
I had a long conversation with a guy at Berg's ski/snowboard shop last night who tries out all the gear. He has tried them all out and I mentioned the weight of the ctx's compared to the gnus. He had a digital scale and the ctxs are .2 oz more than the gnus - pretty much the same. He also likes the ctx feel a bit more than the gnus, if you like feeling tight in the binding. He had me leaning back towards the ctx binding for the cantilevered bed, i have a short instep so consider my stance pretty wide.
snowbrdr is offline   Reply With Quote