Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - K2 cinch v. Gnu v. Flow - sorry to beat a dead horse but..
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 10:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
swilber08

[QUOTE=Wiredsport;315563][QUOTE=snowbrdr;315526]I am considering trying the NXT ATs if anything in the Flow line up but I feel like I may not like a fit that doesn't feel snug in the binding.
Quote:

I would suggest clamping into a pair. You can crank the AT's in so that your you have an ultra snug fit. Rear entry may be the draw, but it is the support and the performance factors that have grown Flow to becom the 2nd largest binding company. The ratchets are not a minor factor and in 2011, I would not consider a binding without them. They not only offer traditional ratchet only entry, but they are also critical for easy on slope adjustment.

...I would not be worried about not feeling snug in some flows. especially if you get the NXT's cause they are highly adjustable. It took me a while to get them the way I wanted them, but now I think ill never ride any other kind of bindings again. I love the consistency of the rear entry too...no more guessing on ratchets and having your support feel different on every run

oh yea and based on my experience, during a sesh at the mountain with your buddies you'll end up getting 1 or 2 more runs than they do just because of the speed of the rear entry...I normally dont even have to stop after getting off the lift

swilber08 is offline   Reply With Quote