Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - K2 cinch v. Gnu v. Flow - sorry to beat a dead horse but..
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 09:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Enormo

Default interesting opinion

The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive Taking It In The Rear

Saw this in the comments after the article. This guy seemed to have a pretty thorough take (there are some other interesting comments too):

I saw a guy who couldn’t get into his 2 strap binding cause he couldn’t get all the snow out. I think a binding is a 3 step thing, is it comfortable, how it rides & convience, the last part depends on the user. Same deal with boots.

Cinch, I didn’t like how the binding rode(too soft of a hiback), heavier than hell, was comfortable, but convience was lacking since the straps would ratchet down or move before you got in. I still have never seen somebody use a cinch by lowering the hiback.

The fastec binding, what GNU & 16 other companies use has come a long ways as far as look, I only rode a the cheapest version from a couple of years ago. You had to take apart the whole binding just to adjust it, including forward lean, binding was painful, rode like shit & you still have to adjust the cap strap to get in & click the ankle lever down. So, I would just buy a 2 strap since i have to do the same stuff anyways.

Flow, which I have, I like, but I’m use to them. My first time took me a couple of runs to get use to since I tried to crank them down like a 2 strap….which you don’t do & I like that it’s just one step, usually I just kick my foot in just after getting off the lift. My super old ones, I didn’t like the hiback, but now they have hibacks that are way more comfy & either stiffer or torsionally softer. This is the only binding that actually rides different, the others ride like 2 straps. Maybe it’s me, but I feel more in control in rough terrain.

Apo, has been around for 7 years I think, it rode ok, still had to adjust the cap strap everytime I got in, but the rest worked fine. Problem is I don’t know where you can get them in the states & am not a big fan of hinges.

Pretty much all these bindings have ratchets or something that you can just lift up to get in normally or to clear snow out or if your on a steep slope

Last edited by Enormo; 10-19-2010 at 09:24 PM.
Enormo is offline   Reply With Quote