Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Targas and Vans Fargos
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 03:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
rubbertoe

Default New Targas and Vans Fargos

I twisted off and bought new bindings and boots Friday. After the 2nd run of the day I broke the small strap on my back foot toe binding Probably 2 miles and 2 lifts from the base. I cranked the boot a little tighter and couldn't tell the difference on the way back. I found out that I had forgotten my old bindings and replacement parts for my new one's at the place I had bought them so I road the rest of the day without my back toe strap. I don't know if it was the boots or the bindings but these things are great. In the evening we drove back to town and replaced the broken strap. I think I may have just got a hold of a bad strap. I love the targas and the adjustments are not nearly as complicated as one might think and the boots are the bombs. The only drawback with the boots are they are so easy to loosen and tighten I was adjusting them about every run. I love the cable and wheel instead of the old laces. The only other problem with the boots is I tended to want to crush my front foot. I would have to pop them loose for every lift just to get the blood flowing again. I wear a size 12 boot and wouldn't suggest the targas for anyone with a bigger foot The ankle strap seemed just barely long enough for me.
Both boots and bindings are great and I would recommend them to anyone.
rubbertoe is offline   Reply With Quote