Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Dragon vs Oakley

18K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Tauwolf 
#1 · (Edited)
i am in the process of buying new goggles i was looking at a pair of oakley crowbars, and a pair of dragon mace`s, does anyone have any experience with either. i know oakley is a good brand because my wisdoms are still in mint shape, i just wanna upgrade, thanks in advance

#6 ·
I love and own both brands. I have a Dragon DX and Oakley Splice and A-Frame.

Granted the DX is cheap, I found them to be of poorer quality. I've handled the Rogues and Maces and they look great. Nothing bad to say about them looking through them indoors.

On the Oakley side, I'll tell you that their lenses are super durable. I am inclined to believe that they have the most durable lenses. They do contract out to the military after all. I've faceplanted at high speed with my A-Frames into an ice patch. Those goggles survived with the smallest nick imaginable. I didn't even notice it until the next day by chance when I went to put it on. I walked away with bloody lips though (would have been much worse if I wasn't wearing helmet or goggles).

I love the peripherals of my Splices (very similar shape to crowbars).

#10 ·
I have a pair of Dragon DX goggles I've been using for quite a few years. I actually prefer them over most goggles due to the wider peripheral vision and decent airflow. The only downside is the large plastic around the goggles looks a bit goofier, but it seems they all are doing that these days.

#11 ·
I'm kind of an Oakley whore. I've had the A-Frames, Crowbars, and Splices. Personally I like the Splices the best. Crowbars and Splices are basically the same except the Splices have a different nose piece. Even thought the Oakleys might be a little more they are super durable and the triple thick foam feels really nice on your face.

#12 ·
I bought a pair of rogues off cleansnipe.com for cheap and am looking into getting a pair of Smith I/O (comes with low light and bright light lens) as it seemed to be almost as much to get a new pair of goggles for the low light conditions as buying new Rogue lenses. I would check those goggles out as well (got great reviews).

#19 ·
I've had a couple pairs of A-Frames, a pair of Wisdoms, the O-Frame I think back in the day...all were great quality-wise, although the lenses seemed to scratch somewhat easily. Have a couple pairs of the Dragon Rogues now, and they're at least as good quality as the Oakleys, definitely not inferior in any way that I've found, and even better anti-fog properties as far as I've found so far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.