Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Fighting Terrorism - European Style
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 11:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
PaoloSmythe
Samyaksambuddhas

The introduction of legally binding Sharia courts into the UK is no big deal.

The courts are used to determine civil cases not criminal ones and both parties involved in any litigation have to agree to the Sharia court conducting the proceedings.

I'm aware of the expectation placed upon immigrants to assimilate into the new land they choose to call home and having learnt the canuckian anthem, i like to think that i lead by example.

But i can also appreciate that some need their god bothering indulgences catered for, beyond my meagre, heathen ways.

Ultimately i think all religious subject matter is bollocks and no where close to dictating a person's life; but if such is to be permitted those who hold great value in things such as Sharia determination need to be recognised. Ignorance of a major aspect of an ever growing population's lifestyle will not see it fade away, it will force it underground.

The current UK legal system is based upon Christian values (as if these are anything to brag about). A choice between conventional UK law and Sharia, will allow those involved to choose a setting best biased to benefit them. A well known expression: the law is an ass.

it is now Ass 2.0