Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboard Addiction - Video Instruction
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 10:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
N8dahwg

@ snowolf
Hey! Glad you put good use to these videos . They really are pretty sweet and I feel you completely on being a visual learner. Personal coaching is probably the best thing, but these dvd's are a close second. Combine the two and I can imagine some really good results!

@Grizz
Hey my bad man. I should have specified a little better. I just want to make sure everyone knows I'm not just saying this for a paycheck. This stuff is really good.
On a side note I would absolutely love to work for these guys (if they happen to see this) haha. They put out good work and seem to have a fun time doing what they do best.
The main guy in the video (Nev Lepwood) is CASI lvl 1,2,3 certified, a CSF freestyle coach, and a CASI course evaluator. I'm not very well versed on what all this means to be honest. I can say this from watching the dvds though. They mention several times throughout the course of the dvds that the learning method is based directly on teachings at burton snowboard academy. I'd say it's a decent mix of other resources too but I feel like that's where the majority of this program is based off of.

@kysnowboarder
The intro to jumping is all very very well covered in the 1st jumping dvd. There is a section that takes you through lots of things before you even do rotations. It's mainly to get you comfortable in the air before you go flinging yourself all over the place in my opinion.

Again any more questions please feel free to ask!
N8dahwg is offline   Reply With Quote