Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

new bindings for DH2

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  13below 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, looking for opinions on new bindings for a 2010 DH2. Here are the choices:

2010/2011 Flow NXT-AT or M11
2009 Ride NRc
2011 Rome 390/390 Boss

Just looking for a good all-around binding, mid-stiff, comfortable and responsive. I wear 2008 Burton Ruler size 11s and I want a binding that would fit them better tham my current ones. I've been leaning towards the Flows because of ease of entry/exit (for Ontario's abundance of short runs) and comfort factor. Also, would a L or XL work better with Flows? Thanks for the help!

#8 ·
Forgive me, for I am derp today. :laugh:

As far as the NRc's, I was looking at them because they're the cheapest out of the 3. But they seem to be in between freestyle and all-mountain which is about what I was looking for. The Bosses seem more worth it, as do the Flows. Honestly either would be a huge upgrade for me, and hopefully either would be something that would keep their condition from the day I got them to 3yrs later. One can only hope!

#9 ·
Flows take setup time. The M9s are a good binding and will match up with the DH2 well. But take the time to get them dialed. For the same reason they can be more comfortable than a traditional two strap binding, they can also "feel" less locked in. Because you don't have to crank down the strap like a two strap, you don't feel the strap as much. It hold just as well despite the "looser" feel.

Just prepare to spend the first day on them tweaking them after every couple runs. Not a huge deal, especially since their micro adjusts are leaps better than they used to be. The payoff for you hard work: speed entry and a binding that feels exactly the same every time you strap in.

#10 · (Edited)
I know a lot of people hate on Flows, and a lot of people swear by them. I'm just to trying them, because hey, why not? I won't know whether I love em or hate em till I use em. But all in all, I know it'll take some time to dial in and set up right and that's not a problem with me. I'm going to check into the M9s tonight and see if I can get them in a couple weeks or something. Unfortunately I'm right in the middle for Flows. L goes up to 11, XL starts at 11. Should I go with the XL to be on the safe side? Thanks for all the help Nivek

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.