Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Halloween 2010-TREAT!

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Magnum626 
#1 ·
The Front Range mountains in Colorado have been hammered pretty good by a series of storms over the last week. I wasn't able to get out into the thick of it, but had my chance to go check out what was happening last Sunday. 2-4" had fallen over night but the temps for the previous 4 days had been very warm. I was figuring dust on crust and the day would be a two mile hike for an ord (one run day). I couldn't have been more wrong. The forum's own Linnvillegorge decided to join in on the action this day.

The top of our first run was looking pretty good.

And it was.
Steve thought so.

Forrest concurred.

Pete enjoying the early season pow.

And Linville got deep into the shadows.

Cont...

See less See more
#2 ·
Linville was on slowshoes. On the drive up I told the crew that he was on them and that he planned to use them for the season. I also said that by the end of the day he'd be talking about getting a splitboard asap. After hiking through the ultra light very unsupportable snow pack he was wasted by the second lap. Things started out well for him.

Then he got towards the bottom of the run...

and the legs couldn't take it anymore...

Nice and soft so no harm done. It was definitely treat that day and I can confidently say it was the best powder day of the season.

Until next time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.