Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snow shoes over split board?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 07:55 AM   #30 (permalink)
killclimbz
Veteran Member

Hey Linville. I know some people have the Voile Light Rail binder and as far as the binding itself goes, I'm sure it performs great. There is a design problem with it that the Spark Models don't have. This is a tab at the bottom of the slider plate on the Voile model that cracks and breaks. That's the tab that stops it from sliding off the pucks. The same one the plates have. I have cracked and broke off several on the plates. I have no reason to believe that the binding won't have that problem too.

For $1300, you get the full kit with the Neversummer, just not the binders. Also with the either boards having rocker on them, you might want to go shorter. 166 is what I ride with regular camber. On the new rocker board I'm getting I'm going around 160-161. You still get a bigger board performance and more nimbleness in the trees. And believe me there are some pretty gnarly tight tree runs around here that we do in mid winter. This ain't Utah, where the snow pack stabilizes a hell of a lot more quickly. We're tree rats in those mid winter months.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote