Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Total Newbie to snowboarding - from NJ!
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 05:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
DeltronZero000

Default Total Newbie to snowboarding - from NJ!

Sup everybody!
Obviously I'm new to these forums, yet not new to forums in general.
Well my name it Troy, I was born and raised in New Jersey and lived here my whole life. I live about a half-hour away from NYC and about 20 minutes from East Brunswick, NJ. I guess my "home" mountain would be Mountain Creek. Though I've never been there... Nor any other mountain. I know its sad, but everybody has to start somewhere.

Right now, the fact stands, that I have never been to a Resort or even been on a snowboard. Yet, I have always wanted to. Just never really got that into it besides now. Growing up, I always liked snowboarding and have always wanted to learn. But now I think its the right time.
I plan on going out this season and taking lessons from a resort. But I'm not sure which one to go to. There are so many mixed reviews about a lot of spots. Blue Mountain, Creek, Shawnee, Bear, JFBB, 7 Springs, etc... So I'm desperately trying to find the best place. A place where its not crowded, a good learning spot, and has good rentals/prices.

I am super stoked about going out and finally being able to learn. For the last week I've been researching all different kinds of stuff. Info on gear, resorts, and all that stuff.

Any advice would be appreciated!
DeltronZero000 is offline   Reply With Quote