Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - POV Mounting Help
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 11:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Mulefire

Default POV Mounting Help

Hi,

I'm looking to mount a GoPro camera on the front of my board and am looking for some help with mounting it securely. I've heard mixed accounts on using the Suction Cup mount and the 3M Adhesive mounts so was going to try something different.

My plan is to use the Tripod attachment and a RAM Mounts Pedestal Mount Kit (RAM Mounts Pedestal Mount Kit for POV Cameras with 1/4"-20 Tripod Adapter - PointofViewCameras.com). The Pedestal kit has a large enough base that I should be able to epoxy that to the board and get a secure fit. I'm hoping that if I follow the directions and give it 48 hours to cure in a warmish environment that it should be nice and solid. I was going to try some marine epoxy that is supposed to be more flexible than regular stuff but other than that I don't have anything specific in mind.

I also plan on mounting the pedestal closer to the toe edge and closer to the binding to try to cut down on impact damage (as much as possible anyway).

It's an old board so I don't mind a permanent fixture on it, although obviously it would be great if there was another solution that could be removed, and yes there are quite enough crappy POV videos out there but this is really for my own enjoyment

Thanks!
Mulefire is offline   Reply With Quote