Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Total Newbie to snowboarding - from NJ!
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 04:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
DeltronZero000

Oh wow, I wasn't expecting such a awesome influx of replies. Must be an awesome community you all have around here!

Thanks for all the info! It really helps.

I've made the decision for when I go to a resort (still trying to decide which one is the right one) to rent the snowboard, binding and boots. I guess I'm going to have to buy some goggles, not sure if you can rent those at the resorts. I think I'm going to go to my local shop and buy a pair of OTG Goggles. I'm forced to where glasses, having 20/800 vision instead of 20/20, you NEED glasses. Yah, Im totally blind.

Im also going to hit up the local stores to find a cheap pair of waterproof or snowboard/ski pants. I don't have the money for a pair of $70 official snowboard pants. I'll most likely get a pair of wrist guards and some warm gloves.

I'm going to take some form of lessons. Yet, I do pick up things pretty quickly (Thankfully). I hope my past years of skateboarding will help a little. Like others said, I have watched a lot of how to videos and training videos. Hopefully that will also add a little to how fast I learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cifex View Post
Mt Snow will be open in a few weeks. Take a bus up and get a lesson. You'll lose a month of the season if you wait for the local resorts to open. And honestly, unless you get into park just skip the local resorts. We don't have the climate.
If I could go all the way to Vermont I would. But 5 hours away is a little to much for right now. I'll stick to the Poconos. I know they get a lot of ice, but you have to use what you got if you want to ride. That's how I see it.
DeltronZero000 is offline   Reply With Quote