Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Thinkin of goin Nike for boots reviews???
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 08:47 PM   #28 (permalink)
mallrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cifex View Post
Yes..Nike went against millions of years of evolution and changed the way people run. The result is that when you start building up your weekly mileage with modern running shoes, you start suffering from tendon issues, shin splints, knee problems, back problems, etc. I'd say they really fucked up on that one.... On the other hand, they created a multi-billion dollar industry wear there was none and got very rich.

However, the quality of their products is usually pretty decent.
I know quite a runners who have different factual data. maybe I should bring up Joan Benoit Samuelson who runs 12 miles a day for over 40 years all in Nike's and never had a knee, leg, back, foot problem.

For what it's worth of the 900+ factories Nike uses they don't own any of them.
Now Nike created no such industry, I believe the first shoes came out of the same factory as Asics.

As for child labor bs... Why don't you compare the average age of people working in those countries and the average wage to what those people make. Now these factories might not meet US standards but they don't have too. What people don't want to admit is those kids don't have the same opportunities and standards we have here in America many people are better off working in factories and being able to eat.

Last edited by mallrat; 11-09-2010 at 08:49 PM.
mallrat is offline   Reply With Quote