Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

low cost suggestions w/ magnatraction or equivalant

3K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  snowbrdr 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Can someone recommend a low cost board that has magnatraction or equivalent? A prior year's model if still available is ok. Looking for something between 155-160, Vermont and worse conditions, not needed for powder or pipe. I may do a couple of demos, but didn't really want to spend that much time trying and would rather own something inexpensive (but not crap) and upgrade the following season.
Thanks

#17 · (Edited)
Even though I may have started it with the 'ouch' comment on 375, lets not debate the definitions of price ranges here and I am not interested in something used, but thanks for the input and suggestions. I am all set on boots and bindings and want to focus on a board for the less then ideal east coast conditions which include hard pack, crust, icy sections, not continuously groomed, etc. I'll likely use a different board for powder and dont go into the pipe too much. I will demo a magna-traction or something similar at least once before I buy but I'd rather not try boards out an entire season long. My budget is anywhere between 275-350. I'd be really happy with paying less, but dont mind a bit more if needed.

Are my main choices things like GNU Carbon Credit, Ros One Mag, Lib Tech TRS BTX, Arbor Forula, Smokin? Anything else with something similar to magna-traction?

I plan to be flexible with which brand because I don't want to spend countless hours shopping around.

#18 ·
I am sure there is more than one board that you would be happy with if not any of the above. I will say, being an east coast rider, that the magna-traction of my carbon gives me better edge on icy spots and the rev-camber makes for a more fun and easy to turn board.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.