Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Base layers: Thermal vs compression (UA Cold Gear Base Layer 2.0 vs Action)
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 01:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
ESW

Bakesale you don't know what you're talking about. I was a former employee of under armour and our stuff isn't knock off or cheaply made. The compression fit only rides up if you are wearing the wrong size, you're probably going up one size, which most people like to do. You probably don't understand how tight our compression is made to be. It's skin tight and shouldn't move in most circumstances. If you fall and slide on your stomach down a hill the friction will probably make it ride up. I guarantee you in terms of moisture wicking, while also keeping you warm, there are hardly any superior compressions being made. In my opinion the only real argument is merino wool vs under armour which is a very legit argument. You are probably just trying to bash the brand because you had one bad experience. Have you even worn the more recent thermals UA has come out with. Maybe next time you should try the new fitted mocks, they're not as tight so you won't have to deal with the skin tight feel. Also, the heat gear compression is made to quickly wick off the moisture so you're not wicked wet while working out or playing sports in hot weather. Most people usually wear a looser shirt over their heat gear compression, unless you're a V-neck wearing bro who loves to take his shirt off and tries to show off to the other guys at the gym. Here's a rundown of what the material is designed to do: Tight compression to help the lactic acid in your muscles, and skin tight feel to bring the moisture to the outside of the material where it can dry faster.

In regards to the thermal vs compression, they're both good, I have pairs of both, it really just has to do with what fit you like. The base layers are fitted so they won't be really tight, but might not be as good in wicking the sweat off cuz they aren't always right on your skin like the compression mocks. From what I see, people seem to love them both.

Last edited by ESW; 11-16-2010 at 01:41 PM.
ESW is offline   Reply With Quote