Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - de de dee me and these Damn Burton Cartels
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 10:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Boat Shredder

Default de de dee me and these Damn Burton Cartels

So I originally ordered some Union Force SL bindings off the internet. Turns out that the bindings were too large so I returned them for a smaller pair. In the process, the clerk over the phone recommended the 2011 Burton cartel bindings. He convinced me to get them instead because they are 50 dollars cheaper, a lot lighter and more responsive. I couldn't help but agree with him and chose to get the Cartel bindings with a 50 dollar refund... YAY was my original thought.

Today, these Cartels came in the mail and the first thing I said was WTF.... These things are 100 percent plastic. Sliding my finger over the heel cup scratched them and I was uber bummed out that these fucking things were plastic. Also, the foam on the base and highback seem like they are made of the shittiest foam out there. The foam feels like its going to rub off after 10 days of riding.

Does anyone have some good news to tell me about the Cartels and why they are plastic? Any experienced users of the Cartels have some good feedback for me? I am tempted to fork out 50 more dollars again and get the Unions but I honestly don't know what to do right now. Help me out por favor

Sincerely,

Boat Shredder