Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help with my Flows....
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 04:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

This is a common problem with first time Flow users. They tend to over tighten the cap.

Flow bindings do not need to be as tight as traditional bindings. This will definitely have you feeling a little awkward at first if you are used to the tightness of traditional binders. Rest assured, you'll still get the response out of your bindings.

Another issue that people have is that they do not quite know how to kick in properly. This is something that is learned over repeated use. I'm to the point where I can actually crank it down pretty tight and be able to kick in and lock up.

Here's how I set up my Flows:

1) Place your empty boots into the loose bindings

2) Ratchet the cap down evenly on the heel end then ratchet down the toe end

3) Take the boots out and lock the inner ratchets on both the bindings

4) Step in and lace up my boots then kick in the bindings. I then tighten the outer ratchets and lock em.

If they still feel tight and hard to kick into, then release the outer ratchets by a step on the ladder.

When I am riding my Flows, I use a combination of kicking in and using the highback to push my boot in. I don't just try to completely kick it, using the highback to push your foot all the way forward is a good practice.

Remember, you have the newer generation Flows. You shouldn't have to loosen the cable if you are having trouble kicking in. Just release the outer ratchets and strap down like you would in traditional bindings.

Oh, forgot to say. Another reason people have trouble is because they cranked the heel side ratchets down too far. You can try just releasing those by a ladder step or two.

Last edited by Leo; 11-17-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote