Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Anyone have baseless bindings?
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 10:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Nito

I'm not sure, but do you consider the Burton EST bindings baseless? If yes, you'll need a new Burton ICS snowboard.

Nito

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrecksler View Post
OK, I am probably in the large minority of older riders who actually loved the baseless bindings that were all the rage in the early to mid 90's. Sure, the adjustability wasn't great as you were limited to angles of -8 to +8 or so, and if you had big feet (or a narrow board) you'd be creating rooster tails on turns, but otherwise they were pretty fantastic.

Anyway, I was hoping there were others who remember these and maybe (just maybe) there was someone who still had a pair kicking around. I used to have a pair of Bent Metal baseless, as well as a pair of Burton baseless, and I'd love to throw a pair back on my board. I know it's wishful thinking but figured I'd try and harness the power of the internet on this one.

The season officially starts here in BC this weekend! Whistler is opening up this weekend, and Baker is expecting to as well. A couple buddies and I are thinking of splitting up to Baker, maybe hit Hemispheres, before the lifts open if we can get a day off work. But either way, it's nice to know that I'll be strapping on a board within the next couple of weeks.
Nito is offline   Reply With Quote