Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Anyone have baseless bindings?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 02:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
PATKOUG

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrecksler View Post
I have, but I'm not really a fan as it really isn't the same thing in terms of feel.

I'm not saying an EST setup is or isn't good as I haven't ridden one and most of my feelings on this 'innovation' originate from when REV pioneered the channel almost two decades ago. I'm more impressed with the Re:Flex binding thing from Burton than their EST lineup since I don't ride a Burton board and a hinged flex 4x4 disk would be interesting to demo.

I have tried using an EST binding as a pseudo-baseless binding but it didn't work mounting wise; the two mouting points on an EST binding are design to go in the middle of the board, so when you have to try and make it work on a 4x4 insert pattern the stance options are almost nil.
I think nowadays, an EST Binding on an ICS Board with its baseplates/beds removed is probably gonna be about as close to a baseless binding as can be found since your boots would be resting directly on top of the board...

I saw that Relfex Tech on the internet and it looks like it might be pretty cool, but who knows?... The Reflex Bindings are designed and constructed to flex with the board longitudinally, right?... And the disc is also meant to be oriented longitudinally, right?... Demo Reflex and report your findings.

That's pretty funny that you actually tried using an EST Binding on a 4-hole board... I'll give you an "A" for effort even though it didn't work...

Maybe you should try an EST Binding on an ICS Board with the baseplates/beds removed before you dismiss it?... Just a thought...

Last edited by PATKOUG; 11-18-2010 at 02:32 AM.
PATKOUG is offline   Reply With Quote