Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Hotel room in Colorado
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Board2Breathe
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Smile Hotel room in Colorado

Hey all!
My name is Brian, and I'm somewhat of a beginner to snowboarding. I have a few years under my belt, and I can handle my own out there pretty well. I've been on 2 week-long snowboarding trips (one to Smugglers Notch, VT and the other to Sunday River, ME) and on both trips my legs cramped up quite immensely after a couple of days, and I basically had to take an entire day off to recover from the cramps and pain. I'm going to Aspen, CO for a week during the winter X-games week, and I'm pretty much going to be eating, sleeping, and boarding (and watching Shaun White of course!). I'm in good shape, but I'm a novice when it comes to pre-boarding preparation and post-boarding recovery. So far I've just been doing some basic stretching before I ride, and then I sit in either the hot tub or hot bath tub afterwards. I don't want to have to make my girlfriend massage my legs everyday (although she would do it anyway ). Can anyone give me a few tips that can keep me boarding for as much as possible for a week straight? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Brian