Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Just another "help me pick my equipment" thread
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 06:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
zumiezrep24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmies View Post
Sorry for the same old thread, but I'm having a hard time and sales are just starting up.

I'm 5'10" 200 lbs size 11 boot

I ride everything I can trees, pow, groomers, and very minimal park

I like steep, challenging, tight lines and popping off of any natural feature I can

Been riding for a couple years now but go a few mornings a week to the local mountain so I'm pretty comfortable going down most lines here in new england. I'm trying now to ride more switch and get comfortable with 1s. Going fast and making good turns means I spend most of the time on the lift. I'm trying to take things slower and play more taking advantage of the terrain.

My current setup is a Burton Baron 167 with Drake Podiums that I found on the side of the road a couple years ago (I did try to find the owner to no avail). Its the only board/binding I've ridden and realize its long for me. Its also getting old and beat. Time for something new for when we dont get dumped on - most of the days I ride. I'm keeping the Baron for deeper snow and backcountry use (possibly splitting it into a splitboard).

Bindings

Pretty well decided on the Rome 390 or Arsenal based on what I've read and seen at the shop.

Board

Maybe something in the 159 to 162 size range. Size 10.5 to 11 boot is on the line btwn wide and narrow. I'm not growing anymore and my weight wont change. I'm looking for an "almost twin" shape.

I cant stand most snowboard manufacturers websites. Its so difficult to get the general nature of the board. Rome's site is the exception.

A Rome Slash or Agent?

Lib Tech or Gnu with magnatraction?

Any other thoughts?

imma have to say go with the 390 bindings, a rome agent because this years is more stiff than last years get a 158-160 depending on how much flex you really want 158 for more but your still not gonna get all too much like i said this years is more stiff than lasts. lib-techs are known for their insane park boards with tons of flex and pop this year so id say between the rome and gnu... im not too knowledgable on gnu's but ive heard good things.

and bootwise. depending on how much you wanna spend the dc superparks are phoneminal. but if you dont wanna spend that much 32's or dc's. the burton boa (if you were looking into boa) isnt as strong as the dc and 32's boa wiring.