Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help with right or left foot bindings
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 10:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Donutz
Drunk with power...er beer.

Unbelievable...

Unless your board is a total twin-tip, it does make a difference which end is pointing forward. It's pointing forward when the graphics are right-side up. To go from goofy to regular or the other way, you have to do this: 1) remove bindings from board, 2) rotate them 180 degrees, i.e. if they were pointing to the right point them to the left, and 3) swap them so that the one that was on the front is now in the back.

You can't just loosen them and rotate them 180 degrees because then the buckles will be on the inside and that's bad. The reason that's bad (among possibly other reasons) is that when you're on the lift and your board is dangling from one foot, if the buckles are on the inside the weight of the board is torquing directly on the buckles and they will loosen and possibly eventually round the teeth of the straps. I know because I tried it, because I thought it would make sense to have the buckles on the inside to make them easier to reach.

INNUENDO:
Italian enema.
Donutz is online now   Reply With Quote