Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gun Control Debate thread
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 02:10 PM   #40 (permalink)
clubmyke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
Most of what is considered dogma or orthodoxy in christianity isn't actually 'written'. For that matter, the behaviour of most xians runs counter to what the bible says. Most xians do believe the above.

As a humourous aside, I think it's great when you get some combination of JWs, muslims, fundamentalists, and hard-line catholics in the same room. Each one of them telling the others that they're going to hell (or local equivalent) and threatening in a most passive-aggressive manner to pray for each other's souls. Great theatre!
I have to agree with you. American Christianity is way off base and not scriptural and has been for quite awhile.

To my understanding - nowhere in the bible does it say if you don't accept Jesus you are going to hell-nowhere. In fact, nowhere does it say when you die, you go to heaven.

In review, chances are if you don't like the teachings of Christ, than chances are you will not be comfortable with others who do or want to spend any lengthy sort of time being around them let alone God ( it would be uncomfortable for you as well as the other person).

Modern Islam sects/law can be very violent - if you do not accept Mohammad - you are killed as a heretic. To my knowledge there is no other religion 'today" that offers that. Most have and take on a "live and live" viewpoint

In summary, what was originally presented was on atheism of which directly attacked the absurdity of denying a creative influence of origin of the universe (ie GOD).
Van's Cirro 09 Liquid Force Watson

Last edited by clubmyke; 11-24-2010 at 02:29 PM.