Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Linked Turns
Thread: Linked Turns
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 02:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
HoboMaster

I'm not an instructor so I can't give you legit advice, but one of the key things to connecting smooth turns is that you need to be leaning forward, and you HAVE to commit fully to the turn. When you are first starting out, this is very hard to do because it feels like you are going to fall. and until you get smooth at it, it's going to feel like you are gaining way to much speed and becoming out of control. Once you start linking the turn your body will remember and it will become like second nature and you will start to feel much more in control at higher speeds.

Best advice I can give is to keep forcing yourself to make that turn and avoid trying to bail out early. It's crucial in snowboarding to commit to whatever you are doing, because bailing out at the last second can have greater consequences.

When I first started out on ski's, I picked it up really fast simply because I was able to commit to my turns and not bail out all the time.

Last edited by HoboMaster; 11-25-2010 at 02:10 PM.
HoboMaster is offline   Reply With Quote