Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 09/10 season video
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 04:37 PM   #23 (permalink)
l burke l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum626 View Post

I'm like, hmm that background looks familiar and then I realized a lot of that from the East Coast. I love these videos, I'm no pro but nothing like capturing the whole 'fun' of riding together with friends. Great editing and went great with the music.

The suby wagon scene was cool. If only there was space here for me try that with friends.

I'm assuming the editing was done in the off season? How long did it take?
yes the editing was done in the offseason. It took awhile because i had over 1500 clips and some were as long as 15 minutes. Going through them all and picking good clips to convert to prores took the longest out of the whole process. Probably about 2 months working on it an hour or so a night. From there the actual editing only took about a month. Then color correction for about another month. So i guess about 4 months total. This is working on it about an hour a night give or take. I have always been sort of a perfectionist so i like to take my time with my work. Alot of the time was spent learning as well. Being self taught has its pros and cons and i sometimes find myself backtracking alot to fix things or doing things the long way just to find out in a tutorial that theres much easier ways. This was especially true with the color grading and correction since i had never tried that before.
l burke l is offline   Reply With Quote